On the first day of the Championships in Ashgabat we had an interview with the President of the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) Tamas Ajan. He shared his thoughts with the journalists on the events and organization of the Championships.
- How does the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) evaluate the organizational level of the World Championships?
- The 84th World Weightlifting Championships are being held in Ashgabat. Everything is well set and organized for the Championships. This is the way it should be because the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games were organized perfectly. Therefore, Turkmenistan has a sufficient experience in organizing large-scale events.
– Do you have any more comments on the World Championships?
– Ashgabat World Championships gathered a great number of the outstanding weightlifters. As we all know, the Championships will last until the 10th of November, 2018. The experienced and master technical delegates will serve the competitions. These World Championships will be supervised by the relevant committees of the International Weightlifting Federation.
– The introduction of the new weight categories inspired for comments and relevant responses.
– The new weight categories were introduced to these IWF World Weightlifting Championships 2018. This means the competitions will be held in 10 (ten) different weight categories. It means a lot to the weightlifters since the changes in the weight categories impact on many other aspects within the Championships. On the one hand the weightlifters will benefit from those introductions, on the other hand the changes may boost the weightlifters to set the new records. Last year in Anaheim IWF World Championships a number of new records were set. We are looking forward to witness the new records in these Championships.
Interviewer: Aybolek ABDYYEVA,
Student of the Sports Observer Department of «Mavy Yshyk» College.