We interviewed the athlete of the National team of Turkmenistan Yulduz Jumabayeva, who won her first medal at the World Championships being held in Ashgabat. A student of the National Institute of Sports and Tourism of Turkmenistan Yulduz Jumabayeva shared her moments of honor immediately after the victory ceremony.
- Yulduz, our congratulations on your success at the World Championships!
- Thank you! It is not only my medal. It also belongs to all Turkmen people because all our people expected successful performance from us.
- You have set a new world record among young athletes. Can you please share your impression on this?
- I cannot express how much this means for me. Medals and the new record are my first successful achievements.
- I think that the responsibility was even higher for you, because Turkmenistan is the host country of the World Championships. What is your opinion?
- First of all, I want to note that it is a great honor for me that Turkmenistan hosts such large-scale Championships. It is a great responsibility for an athlete to perform at the Championships in home country. At the same time, the fans с strengthens me.
- You have witnessed how the fans’ support can inspire us to win!
- All Turkmen people supported our performances. The institute where we are studying also supported us. All our efforts to meet their expectations were fulfilled. I especially want to note that behind all the successes there are the irreplaceable efforts of our Esteemed President. All necessary conditions were created to hold our useful trainings abroad.
Thus, from the bottom of my heart I would like to express my gratitude to our National Leader!
- What can you say about your goal?
- Every athlete has set a goal to win the medal at the Championships. And my goal was to participate at the World Championships and to protect sport reputation of Turkmenistan.
- What other sports do you do besides weightlifting?
- I am doing and interested only in weightlifting.
- Yulduz, thank you very much for your interview, we wish you success in weightlifting.
Interviewer: Guncha GURBANMAMMEDOVA,
Student of the Sports Journalism Department of the National Institute of Sports and Tourism of Turkmenistan.