Sirsurat Sukanya became the Olympic champion in Olympic Games 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, after that, she has not managed to win the price places in large-scale competitions. In 2017, she managed to win the silver medal at the Universiade in Taipei. In 2018, in the Asian Games held in Indonesia, the first place was taken by the Chinese weightlifter Kuo Hsing, and she has taken the second place on the platform. In the World Championships in Ashgabat she has earned the gold medal and set the new World record. With the help of her coach in translation, she answered our questions.
- Can you please share your feelings now?
- I have amazing feelings right now. Because, for the first time in my life I have earned gold medal. I am the happiest person in the world.
- But you have earned the Olympic gold medal in Rio de Janeiro.
- Not every athlete can be a World or Olympic champion. I am very happy to reach that two levels in my life.
- Could you imagine that you will win the gold medal at the World Championships?
- Every athlete wishes to be a champion. And I set a big goal. I want to express my gratitude to my coaches who helped to reach my goal.
- Can you please tell us about your preparations for the World Championships?
- During our preparations we worked a lot on the technique of lifting the bar. And today we have seen the evidences of our hard work.
- What can you tell about the organization of the Championships?
- First of all, I want to thank all organizers for their work. Everything is organized on a high level. And I want to express the gratitude for the warm greeting!
- Thank you too!
Interviewer: Allanur CHARYYEV,
Student of the Sports Observer Department of «Mavy Yshyk» College.