IWF World Championships competitions are in full swing. Results of the male weightlifters’ competitions in the 61 kg category came out. We dedicated an article on our website to the first gold medal winner of the Indonesian team Eko Yuli Irawan.
- Congratulations on your gold medal, Mr. Irawan. Could you please tell us a few words of your painstaking win.
– Thank you! I can tell one thing for sure, there is no any competition that can be won without due efforts. «Ashgabat 2018» Games are a big challenge for the weightlifters. World’s master weightlifters take part in the competitions. So you can imagine how difficult it can be to win a prize here.
– In these Championships you performed in the 61 kg weight category. Which weight category have you performed in before?
– I have performed in 62 kg weight category. At the previous Championships and Olympic Games I performed in the same weight category. I performed well, I could win the silver and bronze medals.
– Good job, Irawan. We have a question. Why did you decrease your performing weight category?
– It was done to win a prize.
– I understand. So we can anticipate your Olympic champion’s performance in the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
– Sure. That’s my goal. We made a step towards the Tokyo Olympic Games.
– Good luck with your endeavors to reach your goals!
– Thank you!
Interview by Aybolek ABDYYEVA,
Student of the Sports Observer Department of the «Mavy Yshyk» College