We held an interview on the last day of the 84th World Weightlifting Championships. Technical representative of the International Weightlifting Federation Commentator Sally Adair Van De Water shared her thoughts with us.
- As a commentator, what can you say about the Championships?
- First of all, I want to say that I am very happy to participate at these Championships. It is really nice to be the first spectator at the competitions. From the first day of the Championships a lot of new world records have been set due to the fact that this is the first time when the Championships was held in 10 weight categories.
- What places have you visited in Turkmenistan?
- Every country has its own culture and history. I was very interested in the visit to the Carpet Museum of Turkmenistan. Carpets are very beautiful there. There are a lot of various carpets with different sizes.
- Did you buy presents for your friends?
- I bought Turkmen national dresses for my family and friends. To be honest, I liked Turkmen dresses a lot. I hope that my friends will like the presents which I have bought for them in the concessions of the Olympic Village. Especially, I want to mention that volunteers help us a lot.
- Thank you very much for your time!
- Thank you!
Interviewed by Sylapberdi Mammedov,
Student of the International University of Oil and Gas.